PREPARE FOR SBI PO DESCRIPTIVE EXAM——GUIDELINES
Preparing for the English descriptive test is the most common problem found among aspirants, especially those hailing from rural areas and towns. This has become a deciding factor of their qualifications nowadays. This is difficult than the objective test as it requires a long detailed answers in English.
The only solution to this kind of a problem it to get hold of the exact pattern and groom yourself according to it.
To make things simpler we can understand things as follows:-
WHAT IS IT???
A bank officer is required to frame letters, prepare reports and presentations and send views and opinions to higher officials as and when required
- The descriptive part of the paper majorly checks the English language proficiency of the aspirants.
DESCRIPTIVE EXAM PATTERN
Following sections constitutes the descriptive pattern:-
- English language——total marks 50
- General awareness——total marks 50
- Data analysis and interpretation——-total marks 50
- Reasoning ————total marks 50
- Descriptive test—–total marks 50
tips to remember
- The descriptive exam should be completed within 60 minutes(1 hour)
- The expected skills they want to test is letter writing, precise writing, essay writing, reading comprehensions and paragraph writing.
HOW TO PREPARE?
Spelling mistakes to be avoided.
Types of questions that can be asked:-
- Writing an informal letter to a friend, parent etc OR an informal letter to bank authorities, newspaper editors etc
- Writing an essay in 250 words on one topic out of the given 3 choices.
Expert tip——picking up a random topic relating to banking finance and current affairs can be handy
Few of the current topics that can be prepared FDI in retail, rise of the American dollar, latest banking technologies.
- Reading the given paragraph, understanding its meaning and then re-writing its summary
Expert tip———–pick up a news article, try to spot the important statements and then write a summary.
- You will be given a title and on basis of that you will have to write a paragraph.